Saturday, July 18, 2009

Peanut Butter Chicken

We tried this one at my parents' house. It was on the Smucker's all natural PB jar. I would suggest using PB with only nuts and salt like this one.

Peanut Butter Chicken
1c. peanut butter
1/4c. soy sauce
1/4c. white wine vinegar
1/4c. lemon juice
6 cloves garlic
1t. red pepper (adjust as necessary for desired level of heat)
2t. finely chopped ginger
2 1/2lbs. chicken

Blend all ingredients except chicken in a blender to make a paste. Pour over chicken pieces in a bowl. Rinse blender with 1/2c. water and pour with chicken and sauce. Mix well. Marinate 2 hours or longer. Grill or bake (about 400 F for 10 min. or until done) chicken.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As much as I love your recipes....I like your life, social, and political commentary better. So...ummmm.....get to it. Peanut butter chicken...puuhhhlease.
Steve

Possum said...

Aw, Steve. I just love how you never hold back - no PC BS for you. I've just posted an update on Owen's teeth, and promise to get back to better posts. I know recipes are kind of cheating :o). I do, however stand by them all, and provide a 100% money back guarantee if you are not completely and totally and utterly wowed by each and every one of them ;o).
Melinda