Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Testing: Sniffing, A Scientific Approach

As any experienced parent knows, if your kid is quiet, you should probably look in on him. Today, the silence in the house told me I should do just that. I found Owen in the kitchen with a dozen spice jars pulled out and sniffing each and every one in turn. When I asked if I could help, he said no, he was smelling for the cinnamon.
I put a few dishes in the dishwasher.
He found the cinnamon,
and we put it on some frozen berries for him to enjoy.

6 comments:

Tracy said...

That's awesome!

Possum said...

It's so much fun to watch those wheels turn.
Melinda

Anonymous said...

Anna loves the spice drawer. When she was two, she used to find the pepper and one day she sneezed for about 10 minutes! Whenever we are bored, we still resort to smell the spices... the ones I have left, that is.

What a great story, and those quiet moments are shockers. Anna was quiet today for a little too long... and I found her covered in cream cheese "paint." She painted herself, the couch, and the carpet. Maybe it's an ancient cure for measles rash.

Possum said...

Wow, the measles. That's a rare one these days. Is she doing well, considering?
Melinda

Anonymous said...

The press blames in on middle-class parents who doubt vaccine safety (85-90% vaccination rate), but whatever the cause, we have a measles epidemic in Christchurch. Anna had her MMR when she was 2, but I haven't given her a follow-up dose. She had a "mild" case, probably because she already had some immunity from the vaccine... or she's extra healthy. I think it was a good work-out for the immune system!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome, he is a sharp one that is for sure. It was good to read and catch up, I haven't been here in a few weeks. Steve