Saturday, September 15, 2012

Chicken and Dumplin's


This week we got more greens from the garden.  Here we have mustard greens served with home-made chicken and dumplings made with stock and meat from our chickens.  I have still not found a great GF dumpling recipe.  Abram and Owen really liked this one, and I agree it was good.  I'd really like one that is a bit lighter but that still sticks together.  These are pretty dense, but quite tasty.

Dumplings
2 eggs
1 c. GF flour (I use King Arthur GF flour)
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 c. milk (I used almond milk)
1/2 t. salt
2 T. parsley, chopped

Cook chicken/make stock.  Remove meat from bones.  Add veggies and herbs (I used onions and carrots along with rosemary and thyme.  I often use celery but didn't have any.)  Cook until veggies are tender.
Mix dumplings.  Drop teaspoonfuls into boiling stock with veggies.  Cook 10 minutes.  Add cooked chicken back into pot and salt to taste.

No comments: