Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The New Rockerboard

I've been seeing the ultra-simple rockerboards around the internet for a bit, and have been convinced that they just might be one of a few perfect toys in the world.  A few weeks ago, I showed them to Owen to see what he thought.  He gave an enthusiastic, "Yeah, that does look like a fun toy."  There are just a small handful of producers of these, and I was pleased to order one last week from Larry at the Fellowship Community.  

It was supposed to be a Christmas present, you see; and I was getting ahead of things by ordering it now.  

When we arrived home today from a lovely romp along the Greenway, in a creek, and at a park, Owen announced there was "a package the shape of one of those cool rocker things we saw on the internet by the front door" - you know, the front door that might as well not even exist because I have only used to twice in the year that we have lived here, the one that is almost not visible from the driveway as we pass by.  
I knew the board was supposed to arrive today, but certainly hadn't made any announcements about my order or the impending arrival.  I certainly didn't expect the package actually to be the shape of the board.  
Owen is a keen observer.
By the time we made it in the door, Owen was carrying the rockerboard shaped package, and the boys commenced to play with it still all wrapped up: 

 If they are willing to play with a packaged toy, who am I to say it should wait until Christmas?
I did convince them to get it out of the wrapping, and it was still loads
and loads

 and loads
 and loads
 of fun.
I suspect it might really be one of the few perfect toys, and am looking forward to watching them enjoy it for many months before Christmas arrives.

No comments: