Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sssssssnake

This weekend, we found a little visitor in our shed.  In fact, I reached behind our freezer to move something and noticed a coiled-up patterned something back there where I had my hand.  Once we pulled the freezer out from the wall and Abram got her out, we were able to determine 1) that s/he was not any of the poisonous snakes found in this area and later 2) that s/he was a black rat snake.  
 It's nice to have critters around to eat the pests, but we decided to relocate this particular one out of our shed and over to a stone pile near the old well.  I hope she will find lots of rodents to eat over there.


1 comment:

Shannon said...

How fun (since she wasn't poisonous). I used to love catching grass snakes as a kid, but we don't have them in our neighborhood (too suburban I think). I hope the boys liked her!