Monday, October 13, 2008

Micheal Pollan Open Letter To the President-Elect

I just finished reading this New York Times article from Micheal Pollan, author of The Omnivore's Dilemma. Certainly with my libertarian leanings, I do not agree with all of his policy proposals, but the crux of his argument is sound. It's a long article but certainly worth a read.
As you know, food is very important to us around here. We feel very fortunate to be living in an area with such wonderful and abundant local food. Even when we have been in "drier" climates, we have made substantial efforts to locate and support local food.
Along our journey to eating and living better - finding, building, and maintaining the best health we can there have been some really enlightening books from which I have learned a lot, some books that have helped give me courage to do what I already knew was best, and others that have sent succor to a soul weary of a world that is not ready to hear.
I will be starting a new series of posts that highlight some of these books. So, stay tuned.

No comments: