Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I Love My Insurance Company

So we are busy getting ready to head to Alabama and Tennessee for 17 days. I need to have the mail stopped (yay, I can do it online and don't have to go to the post office!), and I'm getting the bills squared away so that nothing will go past due while we are away. In addition to bills, today we got a letter from USAA, our insurance company. It usually comes this time of year when funds are always just a tad tighter than we'd like them and expenses are just a bit more. We got the letter notifying us that our account will be CREDITED $56.93 - the dividend from our policy. Every year, we get a bit of money back, and it's usually about this much. Who can't use an extra fifty bucks at Christmas?
I also called USAA last week to get a duplicate copy of my current insurance card. It got a PERSON on the phone quickly. She was, as people always are at USAA, friendly and helpful, and the fax was at the car shop in less than 5 minutes.
When we move, they are always the easiest folks to deal with when I change our contact information. Somehow, they take the information once and apply the changes to all our accounts - auto, renter's, home owner's (back in the day when we were home owners), and investments.
Why can't more companies be this good at what they do?

No comments: