Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fall Bulb Planting


Thank you very much to Tracy for the wonderful daffodil and narcissus bulbs she sent us.




With Caedmon on my back and Owen in his PJs, we went out one morning to plant them. I decided on putting them right out in the yard in a few places. Soon after we moved in, we had our main water line break, and the dirt out by the water meter was easy to dig, in a nice sunny spot, and in a good location for viewing just as you enter our driveway. I headed on out there, and just as I started to dig, the roof guy pulled in, freaked out to see a woman wearing a baby digging at the water meter, and ran over to ask if he could do anything. I assured him I was only planting bulbs and taking advantage of the already loosened soil there. So he dropped off his things and went on his merry way, and I finished the bulbs.
Now we just have to wait 6 months for spring to come and the flowers to bloom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melinda,

I am enjoying reading your blog and wanted to say Hi! from Lancaster County. :) I miss having you around and hope you are doing well.

Tania