Sunday, May 23, 2010

Abram and Owen Are Famous

I submitted some pictures of Abram wearing Owen to the babywearingdads.tumblr.com site recently. You can now view two of my favorite baby wearing pictures here. There are lots of great photos of men wearing babies and kids, so have a look around on the site.
Our famous favorites are also posted below along with some other favorites. We have worn Owen A LOT in his three years and still wear him a bit so there are lots of ones I love for one reason or another.

Abram multitasking while wearing Owen. As you can see, Abram is eating, drinking, and reading Harry Potter while wearing tiny Owen. (We were re-reading all the books before the last one came out.) What you cannot tell from the photo is that he is also bouncing on the birth ball (exercise ball) which was most useful to us after the birth when Owen needed lots of jiggling.

Me wearing Owen in the same pouch. He lived in there from the time I ordered it when he was a week old until he was about 3 months old.

This is a mama's eye view of Owen riding tummy to tummy in the pouch.

Here are Owen, my Dad, and me at a Gilliland family vacation in Ft. Morgan, AL. Owen is in our other most-used carrier. It was a piece of green gauze fabric ripped in half and sewn together - no hems. It was spit-up on and wash so many times, it finally started tearing before he was a year old, but it got loads of use.

Abram is carrying Owen in a Japanese onbuhimo in which my Mama carried me.

Daddy and Owen shopping (not such a happy boy) . . .

. . . and hiking (what a happy boy!).

Owen in my favorite wrap sight seeing in Verona, Italy

Owen sleeping in another wrap on my birthday last year at the Collosseum, Rome, Italy

Owen in a home made structured carrier at the Pantheon, Rome, Italy (again, what a happy boy).


When Owen is worn these days, it's almost always in the structured carrier (by Abram) or the brown wrap (by me) as those are our most supportive carriers. He gets worn at the farmer's market and on evening walks when he'd love to be walking, but it helps him chill out and get ready for bed to have a ride on Daddy's back.

No comments: