Sunday, December 19, 2010

I Did It!

I went on a complete outing in the car alone with my two boys!
Caedmon was 5 weeks old yesterday, and I had been on accompanied outings. Just this Wednesday we'd come home from the doctor - just me and the boys. Tuesday night, Caedmon and I went to Birth Circle. On Friday Owen, Caedmon. and I took a short walk to do an errand, and yesterday, we walked over to a Christmas party at the apartment office.
And today, we went out the door. I put Owen in his car seat, Caedmon in his, and we drove to the grocery store where we parked in the "new and expectant mother only" spot, printed some photos, and did a little shopping with Caedmon in a sling and Owen in the cart. I got everyone home and inside and got the groceries in too.
Maybe it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I'm proud to have done it and glad it went so well. I didn't go anywhere alone with Owen for six weeks. (He was a terrible car screamer - hated it like you wouldn't believe.) When I finally did, I locked us out of the car at Whole Foods and didn't even realize it until after we'd done our shopping which was interrupted by multiple nursing sessions.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I'm very impressed that you got the groceries inside too! I still make sure they pack everything that has to be refrigerated in one bag just in case I have to leave all the other food in the trunk for Ben to unload.