Thursday, October 6, 2011

Things I'm Grateful For






A beautiful family and a nice, big yard for us to play
Owen - so very independent and creative
Hand-me-down overalls - so soft and comfy
A fall garden that produces despite all the weeds and grass and inattention it's gotten



An explorer
Nursing - so soothing for both of us
A sunflower planted late and picked with NO stem that lasted for a week on our table
A magician with a straw-wand

A visit from Anne a couple of weeks ago

And a tour around our yard (not so thankful for our trash art mosquito made from a toilet float, fan blades, and an insecticide can - well, maybe just a little for the humor it allows)

A hiding place for Owen in a fallen tree which will eventually heat our home


More places for my boy to explore
Owen's new-found love of letters and spelling

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Melinda! That picture of Abram and the boys is so fabulous! They look like they're having so much fun. And Owen with the face paints reminds me of me! Hooray for colors and big smiles! I hope you guys are having a good fall!