Sunday, December 2, 2012

Today

The weather was unseasonably lovely today.  We tucked the garden in under a nice thick layer of straw.  There are still kale, onions, parsley, carrots, turnip greens, mustard greens, and salad mix peaking out.  
 We also did a bit of wood working.



These are all projects that are being prepared for Christmas.  I spent the better part of two hours cutting six boards for this step stool for Caedmon.  Um, I think I have always had a respect for people of all kinds who can make things - not the least of whom are woodworkers.  I have a new-found respect for them now.  I can cut plywood and two-by-fours for a chicken coop or flooring an attic, but I have never attempted to make anything nice.  Thank goodness, Caedmon is a happy soul and will be pleased as long as it is sturdy and functional which it will be - after another day of fiddling getting it together - I hope.  

No comments: