Monday, September 8, 2008

New Toys!


Well, sort of. Owen has lots of toys - not nearly as many as most kids I know these days, but certainly more than he can figure out what to do with. In addition to "toys" our home and the rest of the world are full of all manner of cool stuff to pick up, look at, throw, tear apart, and generally mess with.
I find that Owen is much more interested in his toys if I rotate them periodically, so to this end, I store about 2/3 of the toys at a time and swap them out every month or so. When I notice he has lost interest in the toy basket, I know it's time for a change of toys. I have found a great trick to buy myself 10 minutes of free time: set out a box of fresh toys from the closet!
We hadn't switched toys since we moved, so this weekend, we pulled out the boxes, gathered up the old toys, and put them away, put them back away, because they seemed to get a bit more interest once they were pulled out of the basket, and finally put out some fresh toys. It was like Christmas with all new toys! Owen and mama are both pleased with the renewed interest in the toy basket.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I am glad I found your blog, it is awesome to be able to see you guys and still some great stories. We miss you horribly and can't wait to see you and have your opinion on some of the tactics with the little fella.