Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Card -> Picture

Christmas cards often have nice pictures I just hate to throw away. There are lots of projects you can do with them. One of my favorite was an ornament like these that we made in Girl Scouts one year. They were a bit tedious but turned out well.
Here's a project I did today that was a lot quicker:

I got a pack of sample cards free in the mail a while back, and this cardinal one caught my eye. Murmur likes red birds, and I thought it would make a nice Christmas decoration to make and send to her. I picked up a 2-piece mat set at the craft store for about $3. I used the darker green one and saved the lighter one for another project. I glued the picture to the mat, and taped two pieces of raffia on the back near the top corners. Then I glued a piece of plain white card stock over the back. I tied the raffia at the top, and it was done. I hope she'll enjoy seeing those cheery cardinals marching in a line.

No comments: