Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Relief?

We all made another trip to see Dr. Hollander (the dentist) in King of Prussia, PA today.
We left at 6:05 for an 8:00 appointment and made it there with plenty of time.
This time it wasn't for Owen, it was for me. I had been having pain in, well, all over my mouth but particularly in one molar where I thought I could see a dark spot lurking between it and another tooth. I was fully prepared to need multiple fillings or root canals, and I was diagnosed with. . .
























































STRESS.
Actually, he didn't diagnose stress, but he did know we are in a bit of a stressful time and asked while I was still in the waiting room how the job situation was. Once in his chair, he looked my teeth over and pronounced them just fine (along with confirmation from some x-rays). I seemed to have a stain included in a remineralized area between those teeth, but no cavities. I'm still cavity-free. What he did see was that I have been grinding my teeth. I knew this, sort of. I guess I've been grinding them a lot at night and this has caused a bit of pain. So he took a tiny bit off of the most problematic spots and said if I needed more fine-tuning, to come back.
So now what I need is a yoga class or . . . something to relieve some stress so I don't take it out on my poor teeth and jaws all night long.

No comments: