Monday, October 11, 2010

PA Ren. Faire - 2010

Abram's been pretty busy lately with three classes to teach, applications for jobs, and a book review. This weekend, we've been able to spend a bit of time with him, and we like it!
Sunday, Owen and Abram donned their knights' best, and we headed up to the PA Renaissance Faire for our third year of Renaissance fun. I just couldn't manage to imagine anything out of my selection of maternity clothes, so I went as pregnant me. I'd really hoped to be a pregnant nun, but that would have required a bit more time and money than I was willing to spend.
Owen wore his (very small) chainmail shirt, a crocheted "chainmail" coif, a new puffy shirt, and a new green taffeta tabard. After seeing the jousting knights, he let us put his tabard over his chainmail shirt. He was pretty sure he wanted to carry his very heavy shield from Will, but we convinced him that it was best to leave it in the car for the day - thank goodness, because I didn't want to carry it around myself.

We enjoyed looking at the bow making shop and the knife making demonstration, eating a large turkey leg and peanuts, tasting honey and looking for the queen in a hive, listening to music, watching a jousting tournament and a comedy knife-throwing show, and . . .

. . . riding on a hippogriff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks likes fun! Owen is adorable! :)

Alison

Possum said...

Thanks, Alison!