Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow, Snow, and More Snow

I haven't seen the ground since January 8. That's 25 days - almost a month. Before that, it was a bit spotty. While it used to make me a bit giddy, I'm really not that big a fan of snow anymore. As a child, it filled me with happiness to wake up and see snow for a snow day meant a day out of school. But it gets old.


Caedmon's first Christmas was a white one on Pa Billy's farm.


Dad, Micah, the boys, and I got snowed in at Wellington while Abram was in Texas for the conference and interviews.

Caedmon and I tried to get the snow packed down for some sledding, Phydeaux was not in to mood to help.

Dad took in snow we scooped for snow cream (that never got made - oops!).

Owen donned his new sweater and a borrowed hat and gloves.

Caedmon was snuggled down in my jacket.

Abram spent one night in the Dallas airport and finally got a flight back to Nashville where he was rescued by his dad. The boys and I waited another day and drove up to meet him in Tennessee. It was quite a trip. It took almost five hours (usually a 2.25 hour trip). We stopped in one lane of traffic for 40 minutes on the interstate, and I hopped in the back of the car on the interstate to nurse the baby. There were parts of the interstate that had only one lane plowed. I'm not signing up for that kind of adventure again.


We got more snow after we got back home, and Abram and Owen had a good time sledding in our yard:
Weeeeeeeeee. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . .wipe out!

Then we got 10 more inches last week.


Owen dug a wombat hole. (Yes, we know they don't live in the snow.)

And had a snack while he sat in it.

This week we have had a few light dustings of snow and now ice.

I'm ready for the spring which Owen assured us will come again.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I love the matching hats and Owen looks smashing in his sweater. How tall is he now? He looks like a giant!
Our weather is bipolar. High of 60F on Friday, high of 10F today (Tuesday), back up to 50F this Friday.