Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Greenway

We've been taking a weekly, 5 mile walk along a section of the greenway in Murfreesboro with some other Mamas and children.  (We skipped this week as we were just getting over some colds.)  I can certainly tell a difference in Owen's stamina since our first walk a couple of months ago.  Every week we pass by a field with donkeys and Belted Galloway cattle, and on our last walk, the donkeys were close enough for some communion.


Abram and the boys took a walk along a different section over the weekend (while I stayed home and knitted and watched documentaries on Netflix - on the Dalia Lama, the Great Wall of China, and he canals of Venice - yes, that is what I do when I'm all alone :o).)  They saw a heron

and a turkey on their walk.  
We have enjoyed the greenway, and one day, Owen will be confident enough on his bike that we can start taking it along for him to ride while I walk with Caedmon on my back.

No comments: