Monday, November 17, 2008




Yesterday we met Ben and Tracy at Gunpowder Falls (Maryland) State Park to hike. It was a bit chilly, but we kept warm as long as we were moving. Along the way Owen pointed out "leaves," the "river," and "fire" (dead limbs that were begging to be picked up and made into a fire. He also said "turhturh" (turtle), and I think he wanted to see a turtle, but there were none out and about yesterday. Ben and Tracy brought along a warm picnic with soup and hot tea in thermoses. (I didn't get to try Tracy's pumpkin soup as we are still off of dairy; I had some meatball soup instead.) Owen was sleeping in the carrier on Abram, so he had a bit of frittata (left over from breakfast) as we walked along later when he woke up. After eating, Owen needed some milk to wash it down, so we switched the carrier and Owen to me, and he nursed as we walked along. We started out with a hat and socks on his hands. He wore the hat a good bit, but the socks just had to go! His poor little hands were really cold by the time we got back to the cars. I have knitted him some mittens that I was planning to give him at Christmas, but I think he might need them before then!

No comments: