Sunday, February 1, 2009

Literally Speaking

This afternoon, Owen and I went out to muck around in the slushy snow. The weather was WELL above freezing, and the sun was shining. We needed some fresh air and sunshine; I can tell the cold, dark weather is staring to get to me. So, we suited up with good boots, and left Abram with the cats for some quiet time.
At the park, we made footprints in the snow where no one else had walked for days. We played on the swinging bridge and went down the curvy slide together. We petted a lovely dog whose owner told us he was a 1/2 Siberian Husky, 1/2 wolf and was trained as a therapy dog to work with children. He was certainly a very gentle creature and VERY soft. Just before we headed home, we sat down to have a snack. As I fed Owen blueberries, he pointed up at the sky, and announced, "airplane." Thinking to involve him in a stimulating discussion on where the plane might be headed, I asked, "Where do you think it is going?" He replied, "airport," quite affirmatively. He nodded when I suggested it might be headed to the Philadelphia airport as it was headed generally east. Soon he spotted a "nuder one," headed westward. I asked where it was going. Again, he replied, "airport." I guess, it takes some of longer than others to figure out that all (or at least most) airplanes are headed for the airport.

No comments: