Tuesday, May 26, 2009

May 26

parked cars - Nope, not a driver in site!

street marketBATH time!


We left Rome for Naples this morning. The train we took for this leg of the journey had compartments (like the Hogwarts Train!). This made it nice for Owen to run up and down the car a bit and work off some energy. We arrived - money in money belt and suitcases locked - and checked into our hotel just across the street from the station. We have been warned that Naples is a rough town, but people here are exuberantly friendly. It is by far the nastiest place we've been, and I am glad we're not driving! Double, parallel parking seems to be the norm, and I have absolutely no idea how they get out. Do people just wait until the person/people blocking them in comes back?
Owen got a good, long, cool, on-the-bed nap, and Abram found a street market with wonderful and affordable fruits and vegetables right behind the hotel. I started getting these posts pasted into the blog and pictures uploaded. After naptime, we found a park for Owen to run in. Then he cooled off watching the "video-show" (Star Trek the Next Generation episode) with Abram while I did some laundry by hand - attempts at finding a laundry having been unsuccessful. Owen had his first real bath since we left home; we have a bathtub in our bathroom here! He has had showers and baths in the sink but no soak in the tub and get the grime out from under your fingernails baths. Yay for bathtubs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben says, the emergency breaks aren't engaged and you just push the car out of the way.
See if the doors are unlocked because you would also have to steer it.

Possum said...

Good lord!I think I'd still feel a bit miffed if someone did this to me at home. I can just imagine myself with Owen strapped to me pushing three cars out of the way to leave storytime at the library.