Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sushi For Lunch

Owen loves sushi, and now that we are eating rice again (occasionally), he can have it! Monday, he woke up from his nap and requested sushi for his lunch. Fortunately, we had some salmon and leftover rice in the 'fridge' and nori in the cabinet.

I rolled up some salmon and avocado rolls for him and was feeling pretty self congratulatory when Owen reminded me he needed "like horse-rice" (translation: like horse radish, meaning wasabi, or Japanese horseradish.) So I mixed a TINY little bit, and Owen needed it "shaped like a heart" because that's the way we did it on Daddy's birthday. (Owen did not really eat the wasabi; it just needed to be there to make things complete.) He ate an entire roll by himself plus extra salmon and another half sheet of nori.
He also had some "loghurt" (yoghurt). We have been eating homemade, raw goat yoghurt for a week now, and (knock on wood) Owen seems to be doing well. Yay! He asks for it frequently.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is so cool!!! I bought a "Sushi making kit" but the instructions scared me so I have not used it yet. Thinking I may just go out gfor it.

Steve