Thursday, April 16, 2009

This Little Piggy Went To the Park

We have Thursday morning meet-ups with our playgroup, and today was lovely. After a few mucky days, it was clear and warm, so we met at nearby Long's Park. We played in a really great wooden fort and looked at the animals in the petting farm. (They are locked away until the end of May :-(.) The boys ran along in the grass, and had a really good time. Owen found a great mud puddle in a baseball field. He made a pig of himself.


Then Gabriel took a turn, and Devon tried it out too! Finley was just not sure about the whole thing, and he opted out. Owen got several double takes from people at the park, and one little boy about his age came up and touched Owen's tummy, looked at his mom, and said, "got dirty." Her eyes got big as she said, "Yeh, he got dirty." I could tell neither of them approved. I GRINNED and said, "Yep, he had a lot of fun getting dirty!" I'm sure she thought I was a lunatic. That's okay; I probably am. Of course I didn't have a spare set of clothes with us, so Owen got to ride home in a diaper; and he got a warm, relaxing bath before nap time.

No comments: