Thursday, April 30, 2009

Carnival And a Skunk

Tonight we attended a May Day carnival in the park near Abram's office. After dinner, we enjoyed a nice walk over, and Owen had a good time on the "engine" (a little train), ATVs that went around in a circle, the fun house, and some spinner bears (think tea cups at Disneyworld).

We have a few tickets left from our marvelous deal (20 for $20), so we'll go back tomorrow evening.
The real excitement (for me at least) was not until we turned into the yard at our apartments and saw a skunk ambling along in the grass. I'm not sure what came over me, but I NEEDED a picture of this critter. So, I ran off in pursuit of a skunk while Abram yelled after me not to get too close.
I got close enough to get this picture and a few others where s/he was hidden behind ivy and stuff. But I didn't get close enough to make it spray!

No comments: